Sunday, August 5, 2007

Winding Down

So Rob and I have made it to Portland and are both fairly impressed. The city is incredibly large but it has a really hip vibe to it. Rob's friend was kind enough to let us throw our things in her apt while we peruse around town. I'm thinkin we might catch a movie today and try to just take it easy. There have been too many wild nights in a row including our last night on the actual bike trail after climbing to the top of Astoria's column. Astoria was a great little town with fantastic people. We met a guy named Dave who offered us a place to stay and we ended up staying awake for far too long considering our bus ride to Portalnd was at 8:00am. Needless to say we just barely made it. So I guess we're gonna kick it around town for a spell and see what this booming metropolis has to offer a couple of worn out transcontinental cyclists.
Can't wait to see everyone.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Portland is sick. I am jealous that I am not there. Glad you are still alive. Can't wait to see you when you get back. I am ready to hear some of the stories over many a beer. Enjoy your last few days.

lightsource said...

Where is Rich?

My son and I met him at the Santiam Summit sign.